Monday, October 21, 2019

I am Providing the Transparency that the “Interims” (Super & BA) Failed to Provide…


Before our meeting tonight, I opened the “presidents” folder to sign the usual documents.  In it, was a letter addressed to me dated October 9, 2019 from the Department of Education.


The Office of Fiscal Accountability and Compliance (OFAC) had done a “Title 1 Audit” of our district for the 2017-2018 school year.   Neither the interim superintendent nor anyone from the business office ever informed me that the State Department of Education sent me this letter.  All board members were supposed to have been provided copies. 


OFAC’s findings show that the district did many things seriously wrong.  The district is required to create another “corrective action plan”.  Many of the findings were issues I raised years ago.  I feel vindicated.


The district is required to post OFAC’s findings on the district website.  Since it hasn’t been done, I am providing a link below:




The former superintendent and business administrator never informed me as a board member that OFAC opened another case in Lodi.  The “interims” never informed me about the matter even after receiving a letter addressed to me.


I appreciate that OFAC is auditing Lodi.  As I said to tonight, OFAC should set up shop in our business office.


The interims assimilated well into the Lodi swamp.  Let’s look forward to a new superintendent and new business administrator.


This OFAC report further shows why we need reformers on the board to demand accountability and continue moving Lodi forward.  Lodi cannot afford to return power to the CORRUPT POLITICAL MACHINE.