Monday, June 25, 2018

Quatrone’s attorney for an ethics case called me and then billed the district for our conversation…




In the middle of March, the attorney representing the Superintendent and his Board members called me to discuss the case linked below:




First, I was asked if I would agree to an extension for Quatrone and his Board members to answer the complaint.  I did not consent because they already received an extension when they did not answer on time.


Next, I was asked if I would agree to a settlement where I would no longer pursue the complaint.  I was offered two things if I agreed to settle.   I informed the attorney that her clients committed more ethics violations at our February meeting so they did not learn their lesson.  Therefore, I was not interested in meeting with them to reach a settlement.


Later that day, I had a telephone conference with an attorney regarding a separate SEC case moving forward in the OAL court.  I informed the attorney about the phone conversation I had hours earlier.  The attorney was very surprised because she never heard of an attorney reaching out to a complainant to settle an SEC complaint in this manner.


Quatrone’s attorney billed the district .3 hours for our conversation.  She should never have called me.    


The Lodi taxpayers certainly should not be paying for the unethical behavior of the Superintendent and his Board members.  Why don’t they reach into their own pockets and pay for their own unethical behavior.  With their Lodi salaries, they can afford it.