Sunday, October 22, 2017

Feeling the heat, they went for a personal attack…




Since their campaign called me out, and since I am all about “transparency”, I will gladly respond.


1)     I am all about education.  People that attend meetings are aware of that.  I can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.   I can discuss education while defending the taxpayers against the $7.5M scam and all the other rampant corruption that has consumed the district for too long.


2)     I have more knowledge of education than the three “machine” candidates combined.  Scorzetti and Leto have no background in education.  When I was a student at Lodi High School, Mrs. Cardone was running political campaigns out of the High School library, even handing out palm cards to students.


2)     I have the highest respect for teachers.  I appreciate the hard work and dedication of the teachers that put children before politics.  I ran so teachers can be treated fairly.


I do have a problem with the union leaders that continually hurt our students and divide our community.  I have a problem with political campaigns being run out of our schools.


3)     My background in education benefits me as a Board member.  I attended college on a full academic scholarship, majoring in Mathematics and secondary education.  My teaching record is unblemished.  I only received good evaluations.  Unlike the “machine”, I have nothing to attack.  So they make things up.


I taught four FULL years in Elmwood Park.  Most Math teachers didn’t last more than a year at the High School.  I didn’t just abruptly “resign”.  Most Math teachers hired after me didn’t last more than a year.


I was hired in Tenafly midyear after a teacher retired.  I was hired after a four round process.  Tenafly High School was ranked #2 at the time.  At the end of that year, Tenafly lost its state aid.  Lots of positions were eliminated and it’s last on, first to go.  A few months after that, I was notified by Tenafly that another position would be opening up and to respond if interested.   I didn’t feel like going back at that point.  I enjoyed running the family business at the time.