Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Joe Licata has meltdown at Board meeting.




At tonight’s meeting, I stated the following,


The same week that Mr. Miller and Mr. Vara gave themselves all “A’s” and stated how great things are, Mr. Licata was saying something different as he was applying for $226,625 in Bergen County block grants for the "Club".  He put the following on his grant application and the Lodi mayor and council endorsed it just last week:


“Performance in High School:  Students’ performance in Lodi High School shows that many young people need mentors to help them reach their potential.  The school met none of the six college and career readiness factors; in 2012-13, only 51.8% of students went on to four years colleges.  Students who are black or Hispanic have an even more difficult time succeeding at the school; while 90% of white students graduated, only 60% of Black and 81% of Hispanic students did so.”


I told the Board that they can’t have it both ways.  If they put in a flier that Lodi now has a 94% graduation rate, Licata can’t put something else on a grant application in order to get $226,625.


Joe Licata got snippy.  He wouldn’t answer nor allow anyone else to comment.  He didn’t want to admit to fraud in his application so he blamed a grant writer. His signature is on the grant application.


So I continued: many know at this point that you are moving to North Haledon.  When will you be resigning?


Licata went full meltdown.  He screamed that everyone knows that he is moving to North Haledon because of my website.  He pulled a Jamie Ciofalo and said that I stalk him. 


I told him that he should be removed from the Board and there should be four open seats in two weeks.  I said the $7.5 million administration building was so important to him that he is skipping town.  He shouldn’t be making decisions for people in Lodi when everyone knows he won’t live in Lodi.


Licata yelled that he was elected three times and asked how many times I lost.


I told him that he just lost two ethics decisions and he should be removed.


He asked why I resigned from Elmwood Park years ago.


I told him to call Elmwood Park.  I received glowing reviews when I decided to leave there and work somewhere else.


I told him that I’m not the one with ethics violations moving forward.


Afterwards, Licata really embarrassed himself.  He handed me a wad of fake $100 bills with his picture on them and said it was for my campaign. This is what he handed me:




Maybe he isn't aware that I don't accept dirty contributions, bribes, or kickbacks.