Sunday, October 30, 2016

Ethics Reform will be a top priority.





For years, I have fought against the unethical behavior and corruption of Lodi politicians.  Many remedial actions were taken after I exposed wrongdoings on this website.  One example:  in 2014, the State removed Lodi politicians from the public pension system after I exposed how they didn’t belong in it.


More recently, I filed an ethics complaint against the Lodi Board of Education President Joseph Licata. For years, he cast unethical votes on a wide range of matters.  Separate from his votes, he used his position to directly benefit family and friends.  I gave the Board an opportunity to get its act together.  The Board only got worse.  So I filed a complaint last January. 


So far, two decisions were made by the School Ethics Commission.  Both were unfavorable to Joe Licata and his attorney.  I successfully defeated their “Motion to Dismiss”.  I successfully showed “probable cause” that violations were committed by Licata.  The case is going before an Administrative Law Judge.


Below is a link to my responsive brief that defeated their “Motion to Dismiss”:




Below is a link to additional information provided during the “probable cause” hearing: