Monday, October 22, 2018

This is not the first time “Children First” refused to attend candidate nights….



 
When I ran in 2016, I reached out to members of the “Children First” organization to work towards bringing back a candidates’ night.  I felt the voters of Lodi should hear from the candidates and about the issues before they cast their votes.


I offered to reach out to the League of Women voters who was organizing BOE candidate forums at the time.   I offered to attend any event held on CF's turf by their political organization.  I even emailed Councilwoman Patricia Licata at the time who was running the Wilson School PTO to see if the PTO would be interested.  Patricia Licata is their politician.  I knew she would be biased towards “Children First”.  They even declined that offer.




As “Children First” is whining about not being offered enough available dates and manufacturing every excuse possible, please understand where it is coming from.  CF has been refusing to debate for years.  CF has been refusing to attend candidate forums for years.  No matter what dates were offered or what venues, they would be NO SHOWS.  The CF political organization is arrogant.  It is entitled.  It believes it is above the voters of Lodi. 


I commend the “Citizens Against Corruption” team and “Advance Lodi” for agreeing to attend.  With their participation, they are elevating the community.  Candidate forums should become an annual event evolving into something bigger and better each year.