Friday, September 1, 2017

Oxfeld’s blatant assault on my free speech…





Link to Oxfeld’s response on behalf of union bully and ANTI-FREE SPEECH activist Debra Kwapniewski:




I am not employed by the district.  I am not paid by the district.  I am a member of the general public elected by the people to serve on a board of education.  When the people of Lodi elected me to represent them on the board, they demanded that I do not surrender my free speech and personal blog which I have used since 2013.


I can be a board member and a member of the general public.  I know the boundaries.


From the Lodi BOE’s by-laws:



From my answers to the complaints by Licata and Miller (Sciarrillo):


Summary of Blog

1.               I have posted on the blog “Lodi by the Numbers” since 2013.  It has provided a public service by exposing government waste and abuse at all levels.  I have provided investigative reports that have been acted on by state agencies.  In 2014, borough employees were removed from the pension system after a state agency acted on my blog posts.  That is one of many examples.  Elected officials throughout New Jersey contact me after coming across my blog.   I am asked about subjects such as New Jersey’s “Best Practices Questionnaire” for municipalities, rulings on the Open Public Records Act (OPRA), contracts for professional services, and double-dipping public employees.

2.               This is a personal blog.  I never purported to represent the positions of the Board.  The following disclaimer appears on every page:

This blog contains my personal writings (facts and opinions). I do not speak on behalf of any individual or organization.”

3.               Lodi Board of Education by-laws state the following:

“Board members are entitled to express themselves publicly on any matter, including issues involving the Board and the school district.  Individual Board members cannot, however, express the position of the Board except as expressly authorized, in accordance with Board Policy No. 9120.  A Board member shall not represent his/her personal opinion as the positon of the Board.”

4.               Since joining the Board, I have dealt with a lot of confidential information.  I never posted anything confidential on the blog.