Friday, September 1, 2017

Oxfelds's stance on free speech? Depends on who is paying...



From an nj.com article in 2012:
 

“Knox was not available for comment. Her lawyer, however, said her posts are protected expressions of speech and religion that took place "out of the school arena." The lawyer, Sanford Oxfeld, also denies any wrongdoing by Knox, who had been teaching in Union for more than a decade. Oxfeld was retained for Knox by the New Jersey Education Association.”


And,


“"Ms. Knox denies creating the controversy," Oxfeld wrote.  "At no time did Ms. Knox beseech others to look at her private Facebook page.”


Link to article:


http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/teachers_alleged_anti-gay_face.html


My posts are an expression of free speech.  They were made outside of the school arena.  I never beseeched anyone to look at my personal blog.

 
If I had access to unlimited tax dollars and every worker’s paycheck, the Oxfeld firm would defending me.


Hypocrites!