Wednesday, January 1, 2020

It's Public Funds. The Public Has the Right to Know.


As a board member, I refrained from speaking on many issues with the public.  Since I am being vilified for my free speech pertaining to this blog, I believe the taxpayers of Lodi have the right to know what I was doing behind the scenes which led to me being targeted.  Below is one of many emails where I was looking out for the Lodi taxpayers and calling out abuses.   The current board attorney and the “interims” took complete advantage of the Lodi taxpayers over the summer and beyond.  Other board members sat silent because they thought it would be a reflection on them if the abuses came to light since they were responsible for the appointments and the chaos of not having a superintendent for the month of July.  As I was targeted for blog posts, I was the one board member actually reviewing payroll, vouchers, contracts, etc. and calling out abuses no matter who was involved.  The public can see for itself that the attack on my blog was a smokescreen created by those abusing the system.



Mr. Brown's Additional Pay for Meeting Attendance 
September 17, 2019, 8:06 PM

Hi Dr. Fedina,

I have reviewed the attached vouchers for Mr. Brown's meeting attendance.  I matched them to our approved meeting minutes.

June 25, 2019- Mr. Brown billed from 4:00- 8:45  (minutes 6:00-8:29)

June 26, 2019- Mr. Brown billed from 4:00-11:45 (minutes 7:00-11:29)

July 1, 2019- Mr. Brown billed from 6:00-8:45 (minutes 7:00-8:27)

July 5, 2019- Mr. Brown billed from 5:15-7:00 (minutes 6:00-7:04)

July 10, 2019- Mr. Brown billed from 7:00-8:30 (minutes 7:00-8:28)

July 17, 2019-  Mr. Brown billed from 4:00-7:00 (minutes 6:00-6:53)

August 5, 2019- Mr. Brown billed from 4:00-9:45 (minutes 6:00-9:35) 

Mr. Brown has been paid 11.5 hours more than length of our meetings. I have attached his contract.  We are not required to pay him for any waiting time before our meetings.  I don't know if that is Frank Quatrone's signature on the first two vouchers but he was already gone by 7/5/19.  My signature appears on the 7/18/19 voucher.  I don't recall signing it or ever seeing a meeting time from 4:00 to 7:00.  I first questioned Mr. Brown about my payroll concerns in early July.

Other concerns:

Mr. Brown opened mail addressed to me from the School Ethics Commission on two occasions.  He didn't give me my first mail for over a month after receiving it.   I had to ask him for my second mail weeks after he received it.

Mr. Brown signed a contract with the board attorney on the behalf of the board and never provided us a copy (I received it yesterday).  Signatures are not dated.  Mr. Brown did not allow for the board president's signature.  He did not ask us if we agreed to the terms.

Mr. Brown has stated to me that his office received prices for work appearing on bills only for  __________  to send me emails later stating that  no prices were sought or received.



Ryan Curioni



3 Attachments