Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Marc Capizzi violated the Open Public Meetings Act again.




I called Marc Capizzi out on it before the meeting started.  I asked him for a real agenda.  He refused.  I gave him an opportunity to go into the other room and copy a real agenda for the members of the audience.  He refused.  I told him that he was breaking the law.  I told him the audience needed to see who the Board was hiring and what resolutions were being voting on.  Capizzi refused. 

Capizzi said the Board Attorney told him that he doesn’t have to give the public a real agenda.  Conveniently, the Board Attorney was not in attendance to address this violation.

The audience had no idea what Lincoln school resolutions were being voted on or anything else for that matter. 

I told Marc Capizzi to make sure the minutes reflect that I objected to him refusing to provide an agenda before the meeting.