Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Debra Kwapniewski was defending bad Board behavior.



I informed the Board that when other districts spend millions on projects, they send out letters and invite the public to attend presentations at different schools. 


After I spoke, Ms. Kwapniewski kissed up to the Board and asked: didn’t you have an architect at a meeting in April or May for a presentation?  This is what Ms. Kwapniewski was referring to:




Mr. Mastrofolipo and Mr. Mara questioned if a job opening was posted for Nikki Licata’s replacement.


Mr. Quatrone stated that according to the LEA agreement, some jobs have to be posted and some don’t. 


That excuse sounded crazy to me (nothing prohibits Mr. Quatrone from posting job openings).  I might have said, “What?”  Ms. Kwapnewski looked real angrily at me and said, “That’s true!"


I think most would agree that there should be public presentations when spending millions and job openings should be posted.