Friday, January 15, 2016

My rejection letter...


The Mayor & Council should not have sought resumes if they had no intention of conducting a real search.  I was never contacted for an interview or anything else for that matter. 

This was the cover letter to my resume:


December 20, 2015


To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in support of my resume for the advertised vacancy on the Lodi council.

I was the runner up in the most Lodi council election which was held seven months ago.  Running as an independent and not accepting any campaign contributions, I earned 967 votes and was the high vote getter in three out of the twelve voting districts.   I did not promise one job or buy one vote.  Instead, I laid out a detailed platform centered on transparency and ethics reform. 

        Besides the current council members, I and George Panagiotou are the only two individuals that showed a real interest to serve by taking the initiative to run.  Although, you can choose anyone you like for the seat, it would be seem like the fair and democratic thing to consider the most recent election.

        A governing body should have system of checks and balance.  Having a different political philosophy should not be a disqualifying factor to serve. 

I am a lifelong resident of Lodi.  I am graduate of Lodi High School.  I attended and graduated from William Paterson on a full academic scholarship. 

I would appreciate your consideration of me for the vacated council seat.

       Sincerely,

    Ryan Curioni