Thursday, October 8, 2026

Where Is Scott Luna Storing His New Dell PC and How Was the Purchase Initiated?

Scott Luna is one of five part-time Lodi councilmembers with a symbolic “mayor” title. Scott Luna is NOT an employee of Lodi.  Scott Luna is supposedly an employee of the Lodi Housing Authority. Does the LHA give Scott Luna access to a computer?

Lodi By The Numbers: Many Lodi Residents Have Asked Me if Scott Luna Has a Set Work Schedule with the Lodi Housing Authority Being He Conducts Borough Business in His Capacity as "Lodi Mayor" During the Work Days and Times of a Typical Housing Employee...

I have a very hard time understanding why the Lodi taxpayers would be purchasing a Dell PC for a part-time councilperson.

When I was on the BOE, I used my personal computer a lot for board business.  I used it for research. I used it for emails.  I used it for blog posts.  I used it to file ethics complaints.  I used it answer ethics complaints that were filed against this blog almost every other week.  And when I felt my personal computer was outdated, I went into my personal vehicle, paid for my own gas, drove to Best Buy and bought a new personal computer with my own money for $400.  It wasn’t a big deal.  Why is the concept of using your own money for your own personal expenses so foreign to Scott Luna?

Scott Luna has a misconception that the taxpayers should pay for their cars, pay for their gas, pay for their food, pay for their personal computers, etc.  It’s wrong.

How was the new PC for Scott Luna initiated?  Who did he first contact seeking that the town purchase him a new computer?  What was the reasoning?  Did he contact his sister in Paramus and ask that she have one of the multiple employees hired by Lodi to do her job place the purchase?  What else has the town purchased for Scott Luna?