Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Unfortunately, I cannot post the agenda to tonight’s BOE meeting.





On May 17th, I emailed Mr. Capizzi an OPRA request seeking a real agenda for tonight’s Board of Education meeting.  I thought a week and a few days was enough time.  I sent a reminder email yesterday.


Almost every district posts a detailed agenda on-line prior to their meetings.  This is nothing new.  They have been doing it for over ten years.


But the Lodi Board of Education still doesn’t post any agendas online and they won’t even provide a real agenda at their meetings.  And even when an OPRA request is submitted over a week in advance, they still won’t provide an agenda. 


It would be easier for Mr. Capizzi to post agendas on-line than having to respond to my OPRA requests.  I am going to post them on-line anyway.


I guess, technically, Mr. Capizzi has until tomorrow to provide the agenda to tonight’s meeting.  With Memorial Day, tomorrow would be the seventh business day (deadline under the Open Public Records Act).