Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Community News (March 19): Letter to the Editor





The same political machine has had complete control over Lodi for the last 16 years. It is ultimately responsible for spending every tax dollar going towards our municipal government and our board of education. They have been unchecked, unaccountable, and out of control. 

In 2014, Lodi had the third highest effective tax rate in all of Bergen County (out of 70 towns), and debt the size of an entire year’s budget.

Taxes and debt are through the roof. Home values are down and so is pride in the community.

Over the last three years, I have identified many abuses by this administration at council meetings and on my website.  I have identified hundreds of thousands of dollars that can be saved each year. 

The political machine is not working for Lodi.  Because of that, I filed to run for Lodi Council.

I will represent all of Lodi, most of whom never had a voice in government.  I will guarantee that everyone is treated equal in all regards.  Your last name shouldn’t determine what you pay in taxes or what job you are entitled to before you are even born. 

I have a bold reform agenda centered on ethics and transparency.  I look forward to explaining it to the voters of Lodi. 

I would be honored to serve Lodi.  I would be honored to have your vote.



Ryan Curioni