Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Simple DPW Question Sets off Luna and Schrieks. Who Would Have Thought?






The following question was asked and the meeting only spiraled downward from there:

Mr. Luna, can you explain your transfer of DPW employees to “Building and Grounds”?  What is the reasoning?

Mr. Luna said there were no transfers.  He said there is an ordinance so people in “Building and Grounds” belong in there.

I won’t use the word transfer.   There were employees in the DPW.  Why did you “move” them to Buildings and Grounds?

Mr. Luna said nobody was transferred and there is an ordinance.

I asked if any DPW employees recently went over to “Buildings and Grounds”.

Schrieks interrupted and said this question was already answered by Mr. Luna.  He also said that I asked the same question at the May meeting last month and got an answer then(last month was April and I never asked that question before).

What is so difficult?  Yes or no?

Luna and Schrieks wouldn’t answer the question.

The Deputy Mayor’s son was a DPW employee.  Why was he one of the first to be moved to “Building and Grounds”?

Luna and Schrieks wouldn’t answer the question.

I stated that they can’t govern because everything is politics to them.  Luna wants to put all his “favorites” in “Building and Grounds” and all he cares about are political last names.  What he is doing is malicious, vindictive, and unfair.

Luna exploded and said that I’m not a Math teacher anymore (At that point, I realized that he has no defense for his actions with the DPW.  He will lose in court and cost the Lodi taxpayers a lot of money.  But the Florio firm will cash in.)

I asked if Mr. Luna has publicly spoke about DPW layoffs with anyone.

He lost his cool again and said all he cares about is dollars and cents and he will privatize to save money.

I stated that there is something called seniority despite the fact that he believes he can circumvent Civil Service.  If he cares about saving money, he should lay off the Deputy Mayor’s son before he lays off all the employees that put in more years but don’t have the political last names.

I stated that I’m glad that Mr. Luna had a great awakening and cares about money all of a sudden because this administration created a job in the DPW for Gerry Woods, paid him over a million dollars, and then said the position wasn’t necessary when he retired.


Other questions asked:

Mr. Schrieks, can you explain your selection process of Gerald Woods to the Housing Authority?

Marc said Gerry Woods has such knowledge of the town, the board of education, …..

I asked if he used any criteria or vetting process.  I asked if he posted the vacancy on the borough website.

He said No but he asked around.  

I asked what circles he asked around in.

He said it is a volunteer position.

I said it is a very important and powerful position and that he should have taken it more seriously.

Luna had to lean over and tell Marc to say that Tommy Desomma wanted Gerry Woods on the Housing Authority.


Mrs. Licata, can you explain the bill you abstained on tonight?

Mrs. Licata said that we go over this at every meeting and I should call the Boys Club.  

I stated if the Boys Club were paying her son’s “consulting fees”, she would not be abstaining on them tonight. 

Mrs. Licata had the audacity to say she can vote “YES” on her son’s consulting fees but she doesn’t. 

I said that would be unethical.  The town is paying her son’s consulting fees and anyone can see for themselves when the bills go up on-line.

I pointed out that Mrs. Licata’s son wasn’t receiving “consulting fees” before she was on the council.

At this point of the meeting, everyone was screaming at me and Luna and Schrieks wouldn’t even let me speak.

I said they should put this meeting on-line so the town can see the way they are behaving.  This council videotapes parts of their meetings where they praise each other and then cut the cameras off.  I said Elmwood Park does it, Hackensack does it. 

Before I can continue they interrupted me and attacked me again.

At that point, I said they can dismiss me all they like.  We’ve all see that I’ve been right and they’ve been wrong.

They lashed out again so I just walked out.  Schrieks yelled things at me as I walked out the door.

Good thing they don’t put their meetings on-line.