Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Covering Up A Big Scandal: The Borough Clerk Would Not Read My Submitted Public Comment at Tonight's Hearing of Citizens...


Background: Below is the public comment I submitted via email in accordance with borough policy in use since public meetings were closed to the public due to covid.  My email submission is in line with DCA guidelines.  The borough clerk would NOT read my comment during Hearing of Citizens, nor did she notify me before the meeting that my submission would be denied.  I am being treated differently than other Lodi residents.  The Luna administration has been changing policies to directly limit my free speech in exposing its public corruption.  I have been viciously retaliated against and slandered for asking questions at public meetings.  Evidence I have received shows that this council is misappropriating public funds to financially benefit the mayor’s father, a former borough manager.  My email below is more than fair, respectful, and requires immediate answers.  The public can read the email below and determine for themselves if it should have been censored by the Luna administration at tonight's public zoom meeting.


From: rcurioni
Date: 6/16/20 5:21 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Hearing of Citizens, June 16, 2020 Meeting

I wanted to ask these questions in person. Being tonight's meeting is closed to the public, I am submitting my questions via email (following the guidelines of the DCA for meetings during covid).


Public Comment:

I was informed last week by the DCA that former Borough Manager Tony Luna was fined $1000 for violations from hiring his daughter as borough treasurer and awarding a noncompetitive contract to Charles Cuccia.

This administration was not forthcoming at the May meeting when questioned about Tony Luna's legal bills being paid with Lodi tax dollars. This administration has withheld public records that were requested through the Open Public Records Act. The State turned over records that you were required to turn over. 

This administration has spent tens of thousands of Lodi tax dollars to appeal a $1000 fine for a former employee that clearly did something wrong.  

Whose idea was it to use public funds to appeal Tony Luna's personal fine? Can you cite any borough policy that allows you to use unlimited Lodi tax dollars to appeal personal fines of former employees after violations were already determined?  If there is a policy, why isn't insurance covering the costs? Why are Lodi taxpayers paying two firms to work on Tony Luna's appeal? Do you have any resolutions hiring the firms to work on Tony Luna's appeal? How were the firms chosen? What is the running total for the amount of Lodi tax dollars spent so far on legal bills for Tony Luna and Charles Cuccia?

How is this not a misappropriation of public funds?