Thursday, April 27, 2017

Marc Capizzi had no right to stop my referendum motion on Monday night.




I made a motion on Monday night to place the referendum question on the November 7th ballot.


I was more than clear on what my motion sought.  We voted for a referendum on January 4th.  I made the motion to set the referendum date- November 7th.


The votes were there on Monday to pass the motion.  Jonathan Carafa was absent.  He doesn’t attend work sessions.  Mike Nardino left early.


Marc Capizzi saw two empty chairs and asked us to put off the vote until Wednesday so he can draw up a resolution.


I gave him the courtesy.


I shouldn’t have. 


I made the motion on Monday.  A vote should have been taken on Monday.  I brought up the issue every month since joining the Board.  Nobody was caught off guard.  I wanted the vote before the budget was passed.


Marc Capizzi had no right to obstruct a vote from taking place.


He took away our right to vote on Monday.  He took away your right to vote in November.