Tuesday, May 12, 2015

We didn’t win the election tonight.



I want to thank my loyal supporters that did more for me than I could ever have asked for.  I always referred to my supporters as “everyday Lodi”.  They are hardworking, great people that truly care about Lodi.  They came from all different backgrounds but all shared the same vision.  They were never promised a job or any other favor.  Yet, they showed such passion and energy in trying to bring about positive reform.


Many people are disappointed tonight.  But they shouldn’t lose sleep over it.  I won’t.  Everything happens for a reason and I believe God has a plan for everything.


If there is a silver lining in tonight’s results, I was the high vote getter in the 7th, 8th, and 9th districts.  Running as an independent and having a low budget campaign, I earned more votes than the sitting mayor and all of his running mates in the districts that know me best, and know some of them best.  People that know me agree with my ideas.  Unfortunately, I don’t know enough people in some of the other areas in town.