Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Did Someone Forge Frank Quatrone’s Signature on July 5, 2019?




Frank Quatrone retired as Lodi Superintendent on June 30, 2019.  How could his signature appear on a voucher for Mr. Brown dated July 5th?


Are these two signatures from the same person?





The interim business administrator is paid $625/day.  He is paid $75/hour additionally if the board president requests his presence at a night meeting.


In early July, I noticed that additional billing that appeared on payroll far exceeded any amount of hours of our night meetings.  I raised my concern with the interim business administrator and other board members.


I never reviewed or signed off on both items below yet my signature appeared on this voucher.  I would not have signed off on the second item because I was making an issue about this billing in early July.  I believe the second item was added after I was provided only the first item for review.


Below is an email from former interim superintendent Kathryn Fedina.  They are clearly passing off the blame to “Frank Q.” for the additional billing casually referred to as “waiting periods” which are not part of any contractual agreement.  It is easy to blame someone who is no longer there.  If Frank Quatrone was not part of this, he should not allow these people to use his name and signature after he already retired.


From: Kathryn Fedina < kathryn.fedina@lodi.k12.nj.us>
Date: 9/18/19 3:24 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: "ryan.curioni" < ryan.curioni@lodi.k12.nj.us>
Subject: Re: Mr. Brown's Additional Pay for Meetings

I have spoken to Mr. Brown and he will deduct the 11.5 hours from his next voucher. He told me that Frank Q. told him that since he was not able to go home prior to meetings that he was allowed to be paid for the waiting period. However, he will not be adding waiting periods anymore.  I will speak to him again about these issues.



As a board member, I refrained from speaking about certain issues publicly.  Many serious abuses were/are occurring and there is little to no accountability.  


Link to some vouchers for additional pay over the summer (just a snap shot of a bigger problem):



Link to recent post on the subject: